- Jenkins is used to build and test our software projects continuously.
- Jenkins is installed on a server and the central build takes place on that server.
- Developer checks-in their source code on that server.
- Shared repository(for source code) and Jenkins are installed on the same server.
- Whenever a code commit occurs, a build is triggered. Jenkins installed on the same server(where the code has been checked-in), picks up the source code and triggers a build, and after that runs any tests if required.
- You can see the output of the build on the Jenkins Dashboard.
- Automatic email notifications are also sent to developers
Jenkins - The Build and Test tool for continuous integration
Posted by Richa Sachdeva on April 26, 2016