How to create a Thread?
There are two ways to create a thread.
1. Extend Thread class.
2. Implement Runnable interface.
Methods of Thread class:
1. public void start(): starts the execution of the thread.JVM calls the run() method on the thread.
2. public void run(): is used to perform action for a thread.
3. public void sleep(long miliseconds): Causes the currently executing thread to sleep (temporarily cease execution) for the specified number of milliseconds.
4. public void join(): waits for a thread to die.
5. public void join(long miliseconds): waits for a thread to die for the specified miliseconds.
6. public void stop(): is used to stop the thread(depricated).
7. public int getPriority(): returns the priority of the thread.
8. public int setPriority(int priority): changes the priority of the thread.
9. public String getName(): returns the name of the thread.
10. public void setName(String name): changes the name of the thread.
11. public Thread currentThread(): returns the reference of currently executing thread.
12. public int getId(): returns the id of the thread.
13. public Thread.State getState(): returns the state of the thread.
14. public boolean isAlive(): tests if the thread is alive.
15. public void yield(): causes the currently executing thread object to temporarily pause and allow other threads to execute.
16. public boolean isDaemon(): tests if the thread is a daemon thread.
17. public void setDaemon(boolean b): marks the thread as daemon or user thread.
18. public void interrupt(): interrupts the thread.
19. public boolean isInterrupted(): tests if the thread has been interrupted.
20. public static boolean interrupted(): tests if the current thread has been interrupted.
Constructors of Thread class:
2. Thread(String name)
3. Thread(Runnable r)
4. Thread(Runnable r,String name)