TestNG- A testing framework which is inspired from JUnit and NUnit . But it also introduces some new functionalities that make it more powerful and easier to use, such as:
- Run your tests in arbitrarily big thread pools with various policies available (all methods in their own thread, one thread per test class, etc...).
- Test that your code is multithread safe.
- Flexible test configuration.
- Support for data-driven testing (with @DataProvider).
- Support for parameters.
- Powerful execution model (no more TestSuite).
- Supported by a variety of tools and plug-ins (Eclipse, IDEA, Maven, etc...).
- Embeds BeanShell for further flexibility.
- Default JDK functions for runtime and logging (no dependencies).
- Dependent methods for application server testing.
TestNG is designed to cover all categories of tests: unit, functional, end-to-end, integration, etc.