Appium is mobile application software testing tool which is currently trending in mobile automation testing industry.
Appium server is the server which is used to support the mobile devices including ANDROID and IOS. Appium is a server written in Node.js. It can be built and installed from source or directly from NPM.
Appium is to automate any mobile app from any language and any test framework, with full access to back-end APIs and DBs from test code. Write tests with your favorite tools using all the above programming languages.
It will be very easy to learn appium software testing tool for you as you already knows selenium webdriver.
Appium Setup Environment for Windows:-
Download Java/JDK (Setup Environment)
Download Appium Server
Download Android Studio (Setup Environment).
===> UIAutomatorViewer Download Eclipse (How to Create Emulator)
Download JAVA and Setup Environment:
Click here to Download JAVA
After Download from this Link, Setup environment on you System.
Now the Question is :- How to Setup environment on you System?
- From the desktop, right click the Computer icon.
- Choose Properties from the context menu.
- Click the Advanced system settings link.
- Click Environment Variables. In the section System Variables, find the PATH environment variable and select it. Click Edit. If the PATH environment variable does not exist, click
- In the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window, specify the value of the PATH environment variable. Click OK. Close all remaining windows by clicking OK.
Note: You may see a PATH environment variable similar to the following when editing it from the Control Panel:
%) are existing environment variables. If one of these variables is listed in the Environment Variables window from the Control Panel (such as JAVA_HOME), then you can edit its value. If it does not appear, then it is a special environment variable that the operating system has defined. For example, SystemRoot is the location of the Microsoft Windows system folder. To obtain the value of a environment variable, enter the following at a command prompt. (This example obtains the value of the SystemRoot environment variable) :echo %SystemRoot%
if you like this message, you can donate some amount to me - See more at: http://www.blogs.digitalworlds.net/softwarenotes/?p=54#sthash.hft2jDbB.dpuf
Download JDK and Setup Environment:
Click here to Download JDK
1. Under "Java Platform, Standard Edition ==> "Java SE 8ux ==> Click the "JDK Download "
2. Check "Accept License Agreement"
3. Choose your OS, e.g. Windows x86 for 32-bit Windows OS or Windows x64 for 64-bit Windows OS. You can check whether your windows is 32- bit or 64 bit via "Control Panel"==> System ==>Under the "System Type"
To edit the
PATH environment variable in Windows XP/Vista/7/8:
- Control Panel ⇒ System ⇒ Advanced system settings
- Switch to "Advanced" tab ⇒ Environment Variables
- In "System Variables", scroll down to select "
PATH" ⇒ Edit
Download APPIUM Server:
Click here for Download latest Appium Server
Download Android Studio and Setup Environment:
Click here to Download Android Studio SDK
(When you download Android Studio, Node.js and uiautomatorvieweron will also download)
Node.js :- In node.js Appium Server is written.
goto Andoid sdk folder > Node.js is placed
- Go to the Manual download page
- Download the Windows Installer (.msi)
- To run the installer, click Run.
- After installing the node.js open the cmd prompt and use following commands
--> npm install -g appium # to install the appium --> npm install wd # get appium client
goto Android sdk folder>Tools>uiautomatorvieweron is placed on the bottom of the folder.